Can you join Barb and me for a marriage conference at the Laity Lodge for Valentine’s weekend 2013? We’d love to have you join us!
Barb and I are delighted to be invited to teach a couples marriage conference for Valentine’s Day weekend. We’ll be hosted by the Laity Lodge (which is just outside of San Antonio, Texas) on Friday through Sunday, February 15-17, 2013. You can get details about the conference here and details about the Laity Lodge here.
We’ll be teaching from our best-selling book, His Brain, Her Brain: How divinely designed differences can strengthen your marriage Here’s a very tentative schedule:
- Friday evening, Session 1: Differences in Perception — how men and women perceive their world differently … how and why we see, hear, smell, taste, and feel differently.
- Saturday Morning, Session 2: Differences in Processing — how men and women process differently and practical tips on dealing with our differences.
- Saturday Morning, Session 3: Differences in Communication — how men and women process differently and practical tips on dealing with our differences.
- Optional Saturday afternoon breakout sessions — Barb and I will meet separately with the men and women to discuss some important issues.
- Saturday Evening, Session 4: Differences in Sexuality — how men and women approach sex differently and practical tips on dealing with these differences.
- Sunday morning, Session 5: God’s Divine Design — a review of the wonderful truths in the Bible about how God made male and female different and differently.
I hope those of you who are married, or engaged to be married, will consider joining us for this wonderful weekend.
Here are some more details from the Laity Lodge:
COME SPEND VALENTINE’S WEEKEND AT LAITY LODGE!
We’re excited to welcome Walt and Barb Larimore to the Lodge for the first time for our winter 2013 Couples Retreat. Besides practicing family medicine, Dr. Larimore is also an author, educator, and medical journalist. He serves on the adjunct family medicine faculty of the In His Image Family Medicine Residency in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver.
Walt and Barb co-authored the book, His Brain, Her Brain, which “…offers guidance on how to understand your spouse’s God-created blueprint and purpose, how to communicate effectively with your spouse based on his or her design, and simply how to understand God’s intention and plan for marriage.”
In addition to the teaching sessions, expect great food, music, arts, and free time and space. We may even leave a chocolate on your pillow.
MUSICIAN: NATHAN TASKER
Singer-songwriter Nathan Tasker originally hails from Australia, though he currently lives in Nashville with his wife, Cassie. More about Nathan here.
Plan to arrive at Laity Lodge anytime after 3:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15. The retreat will officially commence with a 6:30 p.m. reception at the Great Hall and will conclude Sunday, February 17, following an 11:00 a.m. brunch.