Jenn Giroux, RN, new Executive Director of HLI America, a new program of Human Life International founded to educate on the physical, emotional, and spiritual harms of contraception. I thought my readers, particularly women taking or considering the birth control pill, might find a recent article of hers, “Crazy is the New Normal,” to be both scary and enlightening:
Who would have ever guessed that contraception would move center stage in the women’s health and the political arena in 2010?
The New York Post reported that a “Wicked” actress sued Bayer pharmaceutical company claiming the popular birth control Yaz caused her to have a stroke at age 27.
Also woman who have used the pill are now showing up in their 30’s with breast cancer (prior to the pill breast cancer was a post-menopausal women’s disease).
Next time you are at the pharmacy ask for the insert information inside the very box that is provided to the consumer when they purchase a contraceptive … risks associated with the drug include blood clots, strokes, heart attacks, high blood pressure, heart disease, gallbladder disease, liver tumors, and cancer of the reproductive organs and breasts.
How many doctors are telling women who go in for contraceptives these stunning statistics?
Women who use hormonal contraceptives for a minimum of 4 years prior to their first full term pregnancy have a 52% higher risk of developing breast cancer (Mayo Clinic Proceedings).
Women who use a hormonal contraceptive for more then 5 yrs are 4 times more likely to develop cervical cancer (International Agency of Research on Cancer).
Instead many doctors convince married and single woman to go on contraceptives when they go into the office.
Natural Family Planning (NFP) is a highly reliable form of not only spacing children but helping couples to conceive. Recent studies have shown it to be 99% effective. It’s amazing more doctors aren’t encouraging their patients to effectively use NFP that has no risks associated.
Now, as the undeniable medical evidence mounts, which confirms the damage contraceptives have and continue to do to women’s health one may ask why for years mainstream and even pro-life organizations have ignored this.
In addition, it has been revealed that our elected official are trying to force our tax dollars to pay for birth control under “preventative” medicine that tax payers and insurers will be forced to pay under the Affordable Care Act.
It is time that every pro-life organization stands up and resist with all our might.
Not only are these contraceptives damaging to women’s health, but these class A-1 carcinogens are also causing chemical abortions (in excess of 250 million since the 1960′s).
For every U.S. child born an estimated 2 children are killed in the womb from surgical abortion and abortifacient contraceptives (National Center for Health Statistics Division of CDC, 2003; International Pharmacists for Life, 2003).
It’s clear that it is time for expansive and comprehensive education against contraception use.
The very life and health of women and the country depend on it.
As we watch this all play out it is easy to think that “Crazy is the New Normal”… sex outside of marriage, doctors prescribing class A1 carcinogens and women, through hormonal contraceptives, chemically aborting possibly one baby every month.
That’s definitely CRAZY. But it will never be normal.
I’ve written extensively on this topic. Here are some of my publications on the topic:
- Postfertilization Effects of Oral Contraceptives and Their Relationship to Informed Consent. Published in the Archives of Family Medicine in 2000.
- The Growing Debate About the Abortifacient Effect of the Birth Control Pill and the Principle of the Double Effect. Published in the journal Ethics and Medicine in 2000.
- Why I Stopped Prescribing the Pill. Published in the Archives of Family Medicine in 2000.
- Postfertilization Effect of Hormonal Emergency Contraception. Published in the Annals of Pharmacotherapy in 2002.
Here are some of my blogs on the topic:
- Did you know the birth control pill can cause abortions?
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine Statement Confirms the Pill Causes Abortion
- The Abortifacient Effect of the Birth Control Pill (A Reading List)
- New documentary features Dr. Walt and exposes abortifacient qualities of the birth control pill
- Dr. Walt in an Online Documentary Revealing Abortifacient Effects of the Pill