Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- Mark Your Calendars: Focus on the Family Broadcast in November
- Today’s Christian Living Column
- Praying with Patients
- Events of the Last Month
- Upcoming Events
1) Mark Your Calendars: Focus on the Family Broadcast
I am delighted that Focus on the Family is planning to re-air a talk I gave at their 1999 Physicians Conference on “How to Cherish Your Wife.”. This is tentatively scheduled for Monday-Tuesday, November 21-22, 2016. In the meantime, here are a few of my other programs from the Focus on the Family Archives:
- 09/24/2014 … Talking to Your Daughter About Puberty
- 07/15/2013 … Talking to Your Son About Puberty
- 05/06/2013 … How Your Differences Strengthen Your Marriage
- 08/31/2011 … Common Medical Questions About Your Kids
2) Today’s Christian Living Column
I’m privileged to write a Q&A column for Today’s Christian Living. Here are some of the recent questions I’ve answered for their November 2016 edition:
- Smoking Cessation Through Vaping Just a Pipe Dream. Can E-Cigarettes help me stop smoking?
- Don’t Get Tunnel Vision About Vitamins and Supplements. Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
- Give Your Memory Muscle a Workout. I seem to come across ads touting a product called Prevagen that suggest it can help me “experience improved memory, a sharper mind, and clearer thinking.” Thoughts?
- Can Pornography Scramble Your Brain?. I’m wrestling with an addiction to Internet pornography. My therapist says that pornography changes brain chemistry. Is this true?
- Cuckoo for Cocoa Drinks. I’ve read that cocoa can help reduce facial wrinkles. True?
- Praying with Patients
I’ve been honored recently to have an article published in the Fall 2016 edition of Today’s Christian Doctor. It’s titled, “Praying With Our Patients.” You can see the article here. If this link should not work, you can also read the article in my Monday Memo – Praying with Our Patients. Feel free to pass this information on to any Christian health professional you know.
4) Events of the last month
- Oct 4-9: Barb and I were in Chicago for me to attend another AMA RUC meeting.
- Oct 15-20: Barb and I were at the In His Image Family Medicine Residency in Tulsa, OK, where I served as a visiting professor.
- Oct 22-29: I was in Dallas to speak at a conference on Christian Spirituality and End of Life Health Care for the Dallas Theological Seminary and the Baylor, Scott and White Health System.
5) Upcoming Events
- Nov 8-9: Barb and I will fly to Atlanta to spend some time with the Decatur Larimores and the granddaughters.
- Nov 10-12: I will leave Barb in Decatur and fly to Louisville to speak at the Global Missions Health Conference.
- Nov 10-16: Barb will remain with the Grans.
- Nov 21-22: I’ll be featured on the national broadcast of Focus on the Family with a re-airing of my talk “How to Cherish Your Wife.” Details above.
- Nov 24: We’re looking forward to being home for Thanksgiving, our favorite holiday of the year.
- Nov 27-Dec 3: Barb and I will return to the In His Image Family Medicine Residency in Tulsa, OK, where I’ll be serving as a visiting professor once again.
6) Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.