Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- Would You Support Our “Walk For Life”?
- New Home Update
- Join Barb and me at Spring Canyon this Summer (in the Rockies)
- Events of the Last Month
- Upcoming Events
1) Would You Support Our “Walk For Life”?
2) New Home Update
Well, after a flurry of inspections and back-and-forth negotiations and gyrations, our house in Monument sold and the deal was closed on Friday, April 22. One particular concerning event was the finding of a mold infestation in our attic of which we were not aware. It was not at all inexpensive to fix this, but we were blessed that the cost was completely covered by our homeowners insurance (Go USAA!!!).
Although we had to move out in the middle of a late-Spring blizzard (22 inches of snow), all of our furniture is now safely in storage and we are in a beautiful temporary home for a month. We have dear friends who serve refugees from Afghanistan who are now living in Germany. While this couple is ministering in Germany, they were hoping to have someone house sit their home.
We needed a place to stay, they needed house sitters, voilà, a match made in heaven. In addition, their basement was empty and we were able to store most of our smaller items there, creating a significant savings for us.
In the meantime, our new home is coming along well and the builder has set our clsing and move-in date to Friday, May 20. A number of friends are going to help us transport items from our temporary housing to our new home on Saturday, May 21. And, if you live in Colorado Springs, and want to lend a hand that Saturday morning, please let us know. We’d love the help.
Unfortunately, our furniture cannot be delivered until Wednesday, May 25th, so we’ve decided to camp out in our new home for five days until the furniture arrives. We think it will be a fun and memorable adventure.
3) Join Barb and me at Spring Canyon this Summer (in the Rockies)
If you are married, or planning to get married; are looking for a restful and rewarding CME (continuing medical education) week in the Rocky Mountains this summer; and would like to spend a week with Barb and me, then let us be the first to invite you to join us at Spring Canyon, Colorado, June 25 through July 2, 2016. You can learn more details about the event, costs, the camp, and how to register here.
4) Events of the last month
- Apr 26-May 1: Barb and I enjoyed some time in Chicago, a town we always love visiting together, while I attend an AMA RUC Meeting.
5) Upcoming Events
- May 11-18: Barb will fly to Atlanta to spend a week with the Decatur Larimores and her grand-daughters. She’s looking forward to being with them. Walt will be staying at home to serve in the clinic and be available to supervise the final stages of their home being finished.
- Jun 4: Barb and Walt will be participating in the Life Network “Walk for Life” in Colorado Springs. See the details above
- Jun 26-Jul 3: Barb and I will be teaching a marriage conference at Spring Canyon in the Rockies. See the details above.
6) Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.