Here are the contents of this month’s Family Newsletter:
- One Year Anniversary
- Thanks to many of you for supporting our “Walk for Life”
- New “Larimore” tour of Bryson City
- The Ultimate Girls’ Body Book is still getting great reviews!
- Events of the last month
- Upcoming Events
1) One Year Anniversary
Barb and I are grateful to the Lord for giving Kate and Charles a blessed first year of marriage. Not that it’s always been easy, but it never is, is it? We’re grateful for the way they love the Lord, each other, and others. Congrats Charles and Kate! May you have many, many more.
2) Thanks to many of you for supporting our “Walk for Life”
We absolutely LOVE the ministry of Life Network, a life affirming ministry in Colorado Springs. However, we’ve never been in town for their major fundraiser, their Walk for Life. This year we were in town and walking with a team from our church, Little Log Church in Palmer Lake. Over 50 friends supported our walk and we, together, raised over $5,000 for the ministry. Thanks for your prayers for us as we walked!
3) New “Larimore” tour of Bryson City
I’ve recently learned that the Chamber of Commerce in Bryson City has had so many people come by wanting a map of the various places mentioned in each of the books, that they developed a brochure called, “The Larimore Tour of Bryson City.” I thought you might enjoy seeing it and you can find it here.
4) The Ultimate Girls’ Body Book is still getting great reviews!
The Ultimate Girls’ Body Book: Not-so-silly questions about your body was released earlier this year and is still getting great reviews on the various Internet bookstore websites. I’ve done interviews for Focus on the Family, the 700 Club, and Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk that will be broadcast later this year. I’ll post those dates, as soon as I know them, on my blog at www.DrWalt.com/blog.
If you know a young lady heading toward or through puberty, I hope you’ll consider getting a copy for her and her family! Signed copies are available here in the next few days. Also, you can also order discounted copies and read reviews at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or CBD.
5) Events of the last month
- Jun 9-15, Barb and I took a wonderful vacation road trip through the Rocky Mountains. We visited Estes Park, the Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Lake, Vail, Glenwood Springs, the Maroon Bells, and Aspen. We so enjoyed the sites and the time together.
- Jun 26-29, Barb and I were in Tulsa, OK, for the annual Summer Retreat of the In His Image Family Medicine Residency. We’re always blessed by this event and so enjoyed our fellowship with old friends, the graduation and ordination of the graduating seniors class, and meeting the new members of the intern class.
6) Upcoming Events
- Jul 22-28, Barb and I will be taking another vacation road trip – this time to the Cheyenne Frontier Days, in Cheyenne, Wyoming, followed by some time in the Bad Lands. We’ll be renting a camper and traveling with some dear friends. We’re looking forward to have the time together.
- Jul 30-Aug 3, Barb and I will be in Kansas City where I’ll speak several times for the Christian Ophthalmology Society’s Annual Meeting. While in KC, we’re looking forward to several visits with dear friends who we’ve not seen in years.
7) Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.