Here are the contents of this month’s Family Newsletter:
- Family Update
- Publication Updates
- Sugar Fork: now in large print and as an audio book
- Article: Could Supplements Harm Me? The Shocking Truth.
- Broadcast Updates
- His Brain, Her Brain Broadcast on Focus on the Family
- Events of the Last Month
- Upcoming Events
Barb and I pray that your and your family’s life will be filled with hope and joy this Easter as you remember Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection.
1) Sugar Fork: now available in large print and as an audio book
It’s also just been released in an unabridged audio book. You can either order it or listen to a sample of it here.
2) Article: Could Supplements Harm Me?
Kind of a provocative title the editor chose for my latest article in Significant Living. It’s in the April/May 2013 edition and you can read the article here.
In this month’s edition, you’ll also find:
- The Dobson Legacy — What Shirley and Danae have to say on faith, family and prayer. (pg. 32)
- Cold Case Christianity — Can the resurrection stand up to a homicide detective’s investigation? (pg. 16)
- What Easter Means to Me — Billy Graham, Max Lucado, Bruce Marchiano, and other spiritual leaders share thoughts on Christ, the Cross, and Jesus’ resurrection. (pg. 14)
- MissionNext — How this ministry is using modern technology to connect Christians with Christ’s kingdom. (pg. 28)
- Easter Breads Around the World — Mouth-watering recipes that are sure to culturally enhance your Easter celebration. (pg. 37)
- You can check out the Table of Contents. (pg. 4)
His Brain, Her Brain Broadcast on Focus on the Family
Save the date! On Friday, May 3, Barb and I will be featured on the national Focus on the Family broadcast discussing our book, His Brain, Her Brain: How divinely designed differences can strengthen your marriage. More details in next month’s newsletter, or you can listen to or download the broadcast on May 3rd here.
Events of the last month
- Feb 6, I attended a board meeting of Life Network in Colorado Springs. I enjoy serving with a very talented group of men and women who co-serve this wonderful ministry.
- Feb 7-11, I was in Bristol, TN, at the headquarters of the Christian Medical and Dental Associations, where I taught the inaugural version of a new conference, Grace Prescriptions: Becoming a Spiritual Influence in Healthcare, with my dear friend, William C. Peel, ThM. The feedback was great. We’ll now improve the course and hope to fieldtest it a couple of times later this year.
- Feb 13-14, Barb and I were in San Antonio, TX, where I spoke at lunch on Thursday to a student chapter of the Christian Medical and Dental Associations. You can view that presentation here.
- Feb 15-17, Barb and I taught a Valentine’s weekend couples’ retreat, based upon our book, His Brain, Her Brain: How divinely designed differences can strengthen your marriage, at the Laity Lodge near San Antonio, TX.
- Feb 21-24, Barb and I attended a Physicians’ Discipleship Conference at the Navigators’ Glen Eyrie Castle in Colorado Springs, CO. On Saturday I was pleased to teach a workshop on Spiritual Interventions in Clinical Care that seemed well-received by the 90 or so attendees.
- Mar 4-8, I’ll be serving as a visiting professor at the In His Image Family Medicine Residency. I’m always blessed by my visits to IHI and so enjoy my fellowship with the faculty, staff, and residents.
- Mar 6-15, Barb will be in Baton Rouge serving her mom.
- Mar 12-13, I’ll make a quick trip to Atlanta, GA. I’ve been chosen by my friend, former Surgeon General David Satcher, MD, PhD, to serve on an advisory panel “to help the Center of Excellence for Sexual Health by providing advice and counsel in the development of a curriculum outline for the Parent/Caregiver’s Curriculum on Sexual Health and Responsible Sexual Behavior.” It should be a very interesting meeting.
- Mar 22, I’ll be in studio with my friends Jim Daly and John Fuller to record a radio program for Focus on the Family. We’ll be talking about my book The Ultimate Guys’ Body Book: Not-so-stupid questions about your body.
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.