Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- “Best Medicine” Catalog Copy
- Want to Read “Best Medicine” before everyone else?
- A Christian Healthcare Worker’s Response To COVID-19
- Blogs on COVID-19 and Supplements
- Unexpected praise from North Carolina
- Answers to last month’s prayers
- Prayer requests for this month
- Past Issues
1) “Best Medicine” Catalog Copy
Baker Publishing has released its September-December catalog. My next book, “Best Medicine,” is prominently featured. We’re still on for an October 6 release? Would you like to read it before it’s released? If so, see the next item.
2) Want to Read “Best Medicine” before everyone else?
On October 6, 2020, my first book about my practice days in Kissimmee (1985-2001), “The Best Medicine: Tales of Humor and Hope from a Small-Town Doctor,” will be released.
I’m trying to recruit 100 folks to help me launch the book. Each one would:
- Read a free electronic copy of the book sometime this summer,
- Pick out a favorite quote from the book,
- Post a review on four websites (Amazon, B&N, CBD, and Goodreads), and
- Post a review and recommendation on their social media sites (FB, Twitter, Instagram), etc.
- Of course, each person who helps will get a free copy of the book once it’s published.
So, would you be (1) willing to do this and (2) recruit others to consider this? If so, email the information below to email@example.com
- Your Name
- Email address
- Cell phone number
- Home address
- Facebook or Instagram URL link
3) A Christian Healthcare Worker’s Response To COVID-19
I was asked by the Medical Missions group to write a chapter in their just-released book, “A Christian Healthcare Worker’s Response To COVID-19.” I was delighted to do so and wrote “Chapter 10: How COVID-19 Presents Unique Opportunities To Share The Gospel.”
If you would like a complimentary copy, just go here and click on “Download the E-Book.” I’d appreciate it if you’d let me know what you think of the resource.
4) Blogs on COVID-19 and Supplements
I’ve also posted a number of blogs on the truth about various supplements (vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc, colloidal silver, coconut water, elderberry, garlic, echinacea, etc., etc.) and their effects (or lack thereof) of preventing or treating the coronavirus, COVID-19. If you go here, you can peruse the blogs to see which you’d be most interested in.
5) Unexpected praise from North Carolina
Authors spend a lot of time alone, writing and writing and writing … and then editing, and editing, and editing. Lots and lots of hours with minimal to no feedback. So, when a letter lie this arrives in the mail, one cannot help but be delighted:
I am a North Carolinian with mountain roots, a retired Civil Engineer and NCSU graduate, the father of two sons doing missionary work with their wives overseas. As I sit here in the NC foothills reading “Bryson City Tales,” I have tears of joy In my eyes over the tremendous wisdom contained in this book. “Bryson City Tales” should not only be required reading in every junior high school, but it should also be a TV series along the lines of “All Creatures Great and Small.” Your life experience and testimony should be held up as a life lesson for everyone. Thank you for this gift. Please pursue a Christian TV series as that is the media most kids are watching these days.
Ah, from this gentleman’s lips to God’s ears — I’d love to see the books become a TV series. But I’m still grateful that the three “Bryson City” books are in print, selling, and impacting folks after almost 20 years. An author could not ask for more.
6) Answers to Last Month’s Prayers
- Every Wednesday evening this month, we continued with Sessions #6-9 of our church’s study through the Re-Engage Marriage Enrichment Program curriculum with our eight small-group. Given our Governor’s order to socially distance, our large- and small-group meetings have all be via Zoom – and it’s worked remarkably well. Please continue to pray for wisdom and protection for these 45 couples and 8 leader couples. Several participant couples are continuing to wrestle with strengthening their marriages and three couples, we’re told, are on the brink of divorce. Please pray consistently for them.
- March 26-28: Our trip to Cincinnati to speak for the national meeting of the Christian Community Health Fellowship (CCHF), at a local church, and a CMDA student luncheon were all canceled. We’re waiting to hear if and when these will be rescheduled.
7) Prayer Requests for Upcoming Events
- Our ongoing Re-Engage Program.
- Apr 23-28: Barb and I were supposed to return to our hometown of Baton Rouge to join almost 200 former classmates for our 50th high school reunion – but alas, given the virus, that’s been rescheduled until the fall.
- But I would appreciate your prayers as I continue to work with editors in the development of my next two books:
- The Best Medicine: Tales of Humor and Hope from a Small-Town Doctor
- The Natural Medications Handbook: The Truth About the Most Effective Herbs, Vitamins, and Supplements for Common Conditions
8) Past Issues of our family newsletter
- March 2020
- Would you consider helping me launch my next book?
- Recent podcast interview
- Recent prayer video for people wrestling with cancer
- Today’s Christian Living “Ask Dr. Walt” column
- February 2020
- Do You Want to on MY “SUPER BOWL” Team?
- January 2020
- Calling all “Bryson City Tales” fans: Join an Exclusive Club
- Chris Fabry Live
- Christian Doctors’ Digest
- Today’s Christian Living “Ask Dr. Walt” column