For those of you with flexible plans that are looking for a marriage retreat, Barb and I would like to invite you to join us the Laity Lodge for Valentine’s weekend!
Barb and I were delighted to be invited to teach a couples marriage conference for Valentine’s Day weekend. We’ll be hosted by the Laity Lodge (which is near Leakey, TX ) on Friday through Sunday, February 15-17, 2013.
You can get details about the conference here and details about the Laity Lodge here. We’ll be teaching from our best-selling book, His Brain, Her Brain: How divinely designed differences can strengthen your marriage. Here’s a very tentative schedule:
- Friday evening, Session 1: Differences in Perception – how men and women perceive their world differently … how and why we see, hear, smell, taste, and feel differently.
- Saturday Morning, Session 2: Differences in Processing – how men and women process differently and practical tips on dealing with our differences.
- Saturday Morning, Session 3: Differences in Communication – how men and women process differently and practical tips on dealing with our differences.
- Optional Saturday afternoon breakout sessions – Barb and I will meet separately with the men and women to discuss some important issues.
- Saturday Evening, Session 4: Differences in Sexuality – how men and women approach sex differently and practical tips on dealing with these differences.
- Sunday morning, Session 5: God’s Divine Design – a review of the wonderful truths in the Bible about how God made male and female different and differently.
I hope those of you who are married, or engaged to be married, will consider joining us for this wonderful weekend.