Mike Yorkey and I were delighted to learn that our WWII book about my father’s exploits and heroics, At First Light: A True World War II Story of a Hero, His Bravery, and an Amazing Horse, has sold out of its first printing. I’ve never had a book sell out the first printing so quickly.
Normally, a publisher will print enough books to last for at least 6 to 12 months. But, At First Light has far exceeded expectations. In fact, the first printing sold out in the first two months that the book was out.
We are also delighted that the book has received over 98% of 5-star ratings on Amazon (74 ratings), Barnes & Noble (33), GoodReads (45), Walmart (28), and Target (25).
Finally, the professional reviews have, to date, been over the top. Here are some of our favorite quotes:
- “At First Light is a riveting story that rivals Laura Hillenbrand’s Unbroken.” – Association of the United States Army
- “This story is extraordinary. Don’t miss this remarkable book.” – Gen. David H. Petraeus, U.S. Army (Ret.) four-star general, and former CIA Director
- “Never before has a book moved me to tears out of pride.” – Military Writers Society of America
- “A fantastic story … deserves a standing ovation.” – Mike Krzyzewski, former Men’s Basketball Coach at Duke University
- “Like a melody building to a crescendo … gains power as it proceeds to a moving conclusion.” – HistoryNet.com
- “Has the makings of a great movie or Ken Burns miniseries.” – Col. Alexander P. Shine, U.S. Army, Infantry (Ret.), Army War College Professor“
- “Quite moving … I can’t describe the conclusion to friends without tearing up.” – Karen Jensen, Editor, World War II Magazine
- Like a movie plot … stranger-than-fiction.” – U.S. News & World Report
- “This true tale scores in spades … may keep you up till first light.” – Jerry B. Jenkins, New York Times best-selling novelist
- “Incredibly special and heartwarming.” – Baton Rouge Advocate
- “A mesmerizing page-turner not to be missed.” – Pat Williams, co-founder of the NBA’s Orlando Magic
- “Vivid detail … spellbinding and riveting … an inspirational story … an engrossing book.” – Gotta Love It Book Reviews
- “One of the most fascinating stories of World War II. Heartwarming true story.” – Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin, U.S. Army (Ret.) three-star general
- “As much a historical document as it is a coming-of-age story.” InRegister Magazine
- “Intelligently written, descriptively rich, and tailor-made for anyone who cherishes powerful World War II stories.” – Marcus Brotherton, New York Times best-selling author
- “The story of the largely forgotten southern European front of WWII.” – Colorado Springs Gazette
- “At a time when we need real heroes more than ever, this story should inspire, bless, and encourage every American.” – Cal Thomas, nationally syndicated columnist
- “Don’t miss this heroic story.” – Chris Fabry Live
- “A gripping five-star read!” – Bob Welch, award-winning journalist, and author
- “Does not disappoint. The pages turned quickly in this compelling story.” – Tricia Goyer, author of fifteen World War II novels
- “Incredible story of courage and sacrifice.” – Today’s Christian Living magazine
- “An astonishing … compelling … superb story of courage, honor, and sacrifice.” – Lt. Gen. Robert L. Caslen, U.S. Army (Ret.) three-star general, formerly the 29th President of the University of South Carolina and the 59th Superintendent of West Point
- “Unbelievable stories.” – Faith Radio Network
© Copyright WLL, INC. 2022. This blog provides healthcare tips and advice that you can trust about a wide variety of general health information only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from your regular physician. If you are concerned about your health, take what you learn from this blog and meet with your personal doctor to discuss your concerns.