In summer, kids need real play timeJune 29, 2009
How to feed your baby right, even before birthJuly 2, 2009
Some children may resist wearing eyeglasses, despite the resulting improvement in vision, school work and even extracurricular sports. So, here are some tips from the Cleveland Clinic.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions to help your child accept a new pair of glasses:
- Choose frames that fit well, and don’t pinch, slip or feel too heavy.
- Ensure that your child’s lenses are the right prescription.
- Encourage your child to wear the new glasses a little bit at a time, gradually wearing them for longer periods.
- Ultimately, make putting on and taking off glasses a part of your child’s daily morning and bedtime routines.
- Encourage your child with praise every time he or she is wearing the glasses.