Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- Just released, my newest book, “Fit over 50”
- Interview about “Fit over 50” with Dr. Nick Pitts
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Today’s Christian Living“Ask Dr. Walt” column
- TSI Fan Writes
- Last Month’s Events
- Next Month’s Events
- Past Issues
1) Just released, my newest book – “Fit over 50”
Fit over 50: Make Simple Choices Today for a Healthier, Happier You released on August 6. You can learn more about the book and order it here. Feel free to share this information with family and friends.
2) Interview about “Fit over 50” with Dr. Nick Pitts
I was interviewed by Dr. Nick Pitts on the national radio program, “Point of View” about my just-released book, “Fit over 50: Make Simple Choices Today for a Healthier, Happier You.” You can listen to the interview here.
3) Lifetime Achievement Award
I just received this amazing notice from the folks at Marquis Who’s Who:
Congratulations! You’ve been named a 2019 Lifetime Achievement Award recipient. Less than 5% of Marquis Who’s Who listees are selected for this honor. An accomplishment of this magnitude can be of significant value to you both professionally and personally.Marquis Who’s Who
I’ve been listed in their Who’s Who in America a number of times in the past, and I’m appreciative of the honor, but am reminded that St. Paul said this about worldly honors:
The very credentials these people are waving around as something special, I’m tearing up and throwing out with the trash—along with everything else I used to take credit for. And why? Because of Christ. Yes, all the things I once thought were so important are gone from my life. Compared to the high privilege of knowing Christ Jesus as my Master, firsthand, everything I once thought I had going for me is insignificant—dog dung. I’ve dumped it all in the trash so that I could embrace Christ and be embraced by him.Philippians 3:7-9 (MSG)
4) Today’s Christian Living “Ask Dr. Walt” column
I enjoy being able to answer questions from the readers of Today’s Christian Living magazine in my “Ask Dr. Walt” column. Here are the Q&A’s from the September 2019 issue You can click on any you’re interested in reading. I hope you’ll consider getting a subscription:
- How Important is Flexibility?
- I know it’s important to keep up our strength as we grow older, but I saw a news report that said it was just as important to keep up our flexibility. Is that true? — Not Flexible in Florida
- How Should I Stretch Before Exercising?
- I’ve been told I need to stretch before exercise. Do you recommend any particular technique? — Stiff in South Dakota
- How Start Strength Training.
- My family doctor has encouraged me to begin strength training. What’s the best way to begin? — Wanting Muscle in Missouri
5) TSI Fan Writes
I received an encouraging note from a reader that was a blessing for me:
Hi! I am a huge fan of your TSI books. I have never read anything quite like them. I own both and am obsessed. I have loved them for years and read them multiple times. I am dying to know what happens next!! I’d love more TSI books.A TSI Fan
If you’re interested in medical thrillers, I was so blessed to be Paul McCusker’s co-author on both:
6) Last Month’s Events
- Aug 23: I attended the International Board of Directors’ meeting for Morning Star Development in Colorado Springs. It’s a privilege to serve this excellent organization.
7) Upcoming Events
- Sept 3-4: I’ll be in Los Angeles to deliver a series of keynote presentations at the Hospital Christian Fellowship Conference in Laguna Woods California.
- Sept 10-14: Barb and I will be in Steamboat Springs, Colorado for a writing week. I’ll be working on my next two books:
- (1) Tales of a Country Doctor: Stories of a Young Physician’s Practice in Rural Florida, and
- (2) Natural Medications for Common Conditions: The Truth About the Most Effective Herbs, Vitamins, and Supplements.
- Sept 24-28: Barb and I will be visiting the Decatur Larimores (son, Scott, daughter-in-love, Jennifer, and the
grands, Anna and Sarah.
8) Past Issues of our family newsletter
- August 2019
- 1) COMING AUGUST 6, MY NEWEST BOOK: “Fit over 50”
- 2) Interview about “Fit over 50”
- 3) Amazing Endorsements for “Fit over 50”
- July 2019
- COMING AUGUST 6: “Fit over 50”
- Today’s Christian Living “Ask Dr. Walt” column
- Grace Prescriptions Conference in Tulsa
- June 2019
- Walk for Life
- “Fit over 50”
- New Publishing Contract
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.