Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- Family Update
- “Grace Prescriptions Live” Conference in Chicago
- Join Walt & Barb at Spring Canyon this Summer (in the Rockies)
- Events of the Last Month
- Upcoming Events
1) Family Update
Our new home is coming along well. The framing is done and we have the final framing inspection this week. Now that the new house is completely enclosed, progress should pick up quickly. And, they’ve set our closing date for May 17-27, which means we’ll move in before June 1st. Barb will be putting our home on the market tomorrow. Prayers for a rapid sale will be appreciated!
2) “Grace Prescriptions Live” Conference in Chicago
One of the joys of my ministry time is teaching health professionals the principles of how they can “Incorporate Spiritual Care in Their Practice.” I do this with a course called Grace Prescriptions, which I co-wrote with my dear friend, Bill Peel, DMin, the Founding Executive Director of the Center for Faith & Work at LeTourneau University. If you or a health professional you know, might be interested in attending a live conference in Chicago, the details are below.
CHICAGO, March 18-19, 2016
- When: Friday, March 18, 2016 from 1:30-8:00 PM and Saturday, March 19, 2016 from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Where: Lawndale Christian Health Center’s Skyline Conference Room (4th floor of 3750 W. Ogden Ave, Chicago, IL, 60623).
- Register on the EventBrite page here. Attendees are required to register ahead of time.
- The registration fee will be $100 for healthcare providers and $25 for students.
- Dinner on Friday, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday, will be provided.
- We encourage you to make use of this resource to learn how God can use you to dispense Grace Prescriptions in your practice as a health professional.
Grace Prescriptions is also available as a small-group DVD course. You can learn more about this course and order it here.
In addition, my and Bill’s book, Workplace Grace: Becoming a Spiritual Influence at Work, is available online here.
3) Join Walt & Barb at Spring Canyon this Summer (in the Rockies)
If you are married, or planning to get married, looking for a restful and rewarding CME (continuing medical education) week in the Rocky Mountains this summer, and would like to spend a week with Barb and me, then let me be the first to invite you to join us at Spring Canyon, Colorado, June 25 through July 2, 2016. You can learn more details about the event, costs, the camp, and how to register here.
4) Events of the last month
- Feb 9: Barb and I drove to Denver where I was pleased to speak to the Christian Fellowship at the Rocky Vista School of Osteopathic Medicine in Denver on the topic of “Spiritual Assessments in Clinical Care.”
- Feb 25-28: I was blessed to be with my dear friend, Bill Peel, DMin, as we co-taught a Grace Prescriptions Conference in Nashville. The group of 30 health professionals were enthusiastic about learning to provide spiritual care as they see patients each day.
- Feb 29: I attended a Life Network Board Meeting in Colorado Springs, a ministry of which I have a great deal of admiration and respect.
5) Upcoming Events
- Mar 17-19: I’ll once again be with my friend, Bill Peel, DMin, as we co-teach a Grace Prescriptions Conference, this time at the Lawndale Christian Health Center in Chicago.
6) Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.