Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- Would You Support Our “Walk For Life”?
- We’re Finally in Our New Home
- Join Barb and me at Spring Canyon this Summer (in the Rockies)
- Events of the Last Month
- Upcoming Events
1) Would You Support Our “Walk For Life”?
Life Network is a life-affirming ministry whose mission is to impact and transform people with the love of Christ. They compassionately serve women, men and families facing unplanned pregnancies, offering them a meaningful alternative to abortion. All of their services are provided free of charge – I am participating so they can continue serving all who walk through their doors!
Life Network ministers in many ways:
- Through the Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center, they offer pregnancy tests, STD testing, and counseling while meeting spiritual and practical needs – maternity and baby clothes, formula, diapers, parenting classes and medical ultrasounds.
- Through their LifeSteps Programthey provide practical assistance and education for teen and first-time parents from pregnancy through a child’s second year.
- Through Education for a Lifetime, they challenge teens with the message of sexual risk-avoidance, reminding them of their incredible value and worth as human beings.
- Through Bridges of Hope, they reach out to the church with the sanctity of life message and provide support to post-abortive men and women.
For more information, please visit the Life Network website here.
For every $150 we raise, Life Network can provide life-changing services for three clients. Our goal is to raise $7,500. Will you help us? Your pledge amount is not a per-mile pledge, but rather a one-time donation. Some sponsors give $100, some $25, others $10. Your gift is tax-deductible and any amount impacts lives!
You can donate electronically by clicking here. Or, you can send a check. However, there is no need to send a check now. Life Network will collect your pledge through the mail after the Walk for Life. You can indicate your donation here.
Thank you for supporting us as we put our feet into action on Saturday, June 4th.
2) We’re Finally in Our New Home
We closed on our new home on May 19th and moved in on Friday, May 20—well, kind of. Barb had friend help her move a few things on Friday, then a couple of dozen dear friends moved small items, which allowed us to “camp” in our new home until the furniture, which had been in storage, joined us on Wednesday, May 25. We’re now in the process of slowly putting things in place, connecting things, and hanging pictures. Although we’ve down sized significantly, it already feels like home. We are blessed and grateful for this new home and new season in our life.
And, for your records, our new address is 1265 Foothills Farm Way, Colorado Springs, CO, 80921.
3) Join Barb and me at Spring Canyon this Summer (in the Rockies)
If you are married, or planning to get married; are looking for a restful and rewarding CME (continuing medical education) week in the Rocky Mountains this summer; and would like to spend a week with Barb and me, then let us be the first to invite you to join us at Spring Canyon, Colorado, June 25 through July 2, 2016. You can learn more details about the event, costs, the camp, and how to register here.
4) Events of the last month
- May 11-18: Barb was in Georgia to spend a week with the Decatur Larimores and her granddaughters. She so enjoyed being with them, while I was stuck staying at home to serve in the clinic and being available to supervise the final stages of our home being finished.
5) Upcoming Events
- Jun 4: Barb and Walt will be participating in the Life Network “Walk for Life” in Colorado Springs. If you’d like to sponsor our walk, see the details above or click here.
- Jun 26-Jul 3: Barb and I will be teaching a marriage conference at Spring Canyon in the Rockies. See the details above or click here.
6) Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.