Here are the contents of this month’s Family Newsletter:
- Christmas Book Sale
- Family Update
- Publication Update
- Christmas article in Significant Living
- Book Forward for Alive!
- Gabon Virus translated into Chinese
- Events of the last month
- Upcoming Events
Christmas Book Sale
Many of my books have been put on sale for the Christmas season at my online bookstore. What better gift to give to a friend than a personalized and autographed book?
You can find those that are on sale here. Be sure to click on “books” to see them all.
Barb and I are in Naples, FL, speaking at a Whole Foods and Eat Right America conference on nutrition. Since the temperature at home is in the teens, we’re enjoying the warm temperatures and the beach.
We’ll get home for a couple of days and then head to Baton Rouge for a week to help Barb’s mom as she cares for Barb’s dad at home. We’ll also attend an annual pre-Christmas Shaw Family reunion. But, most of all, we’re looking forward to some time with son, Scott, his wife, Jennifer, and the granddaughters … Anna Kate and Sarah Elisabeth.
Then, we’ll be home for a time of rest and relaxation through the Christmas season. We wish a blessed Christmastime to each of you.
Significant Living article
I have an article in the Christmas edition of the Significant Living magazine. In the article I describe sharing my faith with my first AIDS patient back in 1982. I had been in practice just over a year and HIV/AIDS had not even been named yet. You can find the article here. (on pg. 14 of the magazine)
In the same magazine you can join Gloria and Bill Gaither as they share their thoughts on the Christmas season and the birth of Jesus. (pg. 28)
In The North Pole or the Manger? Max Lucado tells the history behind St. Nicholas. Was he really the jolly, old fellow we associate with him today? (pg. 12)
Book Forward for Alive!
While in Naples, FL, this week, I’m co-teaching at a nutrition conference with a new friend, Scott Stoll, MD. Scott, a former U.S. Olympic bobsled team member, has just published a book on nutrition. I think it’s a terrific book and was pleased and honored to be asked to write the forward for it.
The book is titled Alive! A physician’s biblical and scientific guide to nutrition. You can find it here on Amazon.
I highly recommend it.
Gabon Virus translated into Chinese
My first novel, co-written with my dear friend, Paul McCusker, has just been translated into Chinese. It’s also in Dutch. I’m delighted that the novel is beginning to be enjoyed in other countries.
Events of the last month
- Nov 2-3, I flew from Tulsa to Oklahoma City on Thursday, spoke twice at a medical symposium on Friday morning, then flew to Denver Friday afternoon, and drove home.
- Nov 3, Barb and I spoke Friday evening at the Penrose Hospital Foundation’s Annual Fundraising Banquet at the Broadmoor Hotel. We drove home for a fast sleep and then …
- Nov 4-5, early Saturday morning, I flew to Portland to speak that evening at the Annual Fundraising Gala of the Greater Portland Crisis Pregnancy Centers on Saturday evening and then fly home early on Sunday. Whew!
- Nov 9-14, Barb traveled to Baton Rouge to be with her family and help her mom in caring for her dad. One of both us will like travel to Baton Rouge every month to help Barb’s mom.
- Nov 15-18, Barb and I enjoyed a few days in downtown Chicago where we celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary. I spoke at an AMA/RUC coding conference on Friday just before we flew home.
- Thanksgiving week we were home to enjoy some rest and our most favorite holiday of all.
- Nov 30-Dec 3, Barb will be enjoying the warm weather and beaches in Naples, FL, while I’ll be speaking at a nutrition conference sponsored by Whole Foods and Eat Right America.
- Dec 7-14, Barb and I will be in Baton Rouge visiting with family and helping Barb’s mom as she cares for Barb’s dad at her home.
- The rest of December we’ll home to rest, relax, and rejuvenate during the Christmas season.
- November 211 http://www.drwalt.com/blog/?p=5592
- October 2011 http://www.drwalt.com/blog/?p=5742
- September 2011 http://www.drwalt.com/blog/?p=5443
You cann get more information on many of my upcoming events here.