LifeSiteNews.com is featuring a story about my friend, filmmaker Trent Herbert, who has produced a well-researched documentary called “28 Days on the Pill” that exposes the abortifacient properties of the birth control pill.
Featuring Dr. Albert Mohler, president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Christian author Randy Alcorn (Heaven and Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?) and Dr. Walt Larimore (formerly with Focus on the Family), the film makes the case that few people are aware that oral contraceptives can cause abortions.
According to the documentary, the Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties (CPS), the Canadian Pharmacists Association’s drug information resource, and the Physicians Desk Reference, the American standard, mention the abortifacient qualities of the pill. But the majority of information given to oral contraceptive users fails to disclose it.
Dr. Mohler says that while he “cannot imagine any development in human history, after the Fall, that has had a greater impact on human beings than the pill,” doctors shy away from telling their patients about the abortifacient aspects of the pill because “it could lead to awkward questions and lifestyle changes, and it could also put persons in the position of very deep moral reconsideration of what they’ve taken for granted since the early 1960s.”
“For many evangelical Christians, birth control has been an issue of concern only for Catholics … that is all changing,” Dr. Mohler observes.
A media release on the documentary says, “Whether Christian or not, women across the board do not have a real understanding of how the pill actually works.”
“Does it only prevent ovulation? What do the inserts and pharmaceutical guides really say? How is it that women consume something when they know very little about how it actually works? Do women and men really care?”
The producers believe women should be given the opportunity to make an informed choice.
“No matter what one’s conclusions are, we believe everyone has a right to full information and informed consent. Whether on the left or the right, we should all agree, informed consent in the medical community is paramount.”
- Visit the “28 Days on the Pill” Website here.
- View the full documentary “28 Days on the Pill” now by clicking here.
- See the article, “New Evangelical Documentary Exposes Abortifacient Qualities of the Birth Control Pill, Promotes NFP,” here.
Here are a few of Dr. Walt’s articles on the topic of the abortifacient effect of the pill:
- Read Dr. Walt’s peer-reviewed article on the topic, “Postfertilization effects of oral contraceptives and their relationship to informed consent,” here.
- Read Dr. Walt’s editorial and commentary on the topic here.
- Read Dr. Walt’s ethics article, “The Growing Debate About the Abortifacient Effect of the Birth Control Pill and the Principle of the Double Effect,” here.