Here are the contents of this month’s Family Newsletter:
- Family Update
- Broadcast Update
- Publication Updates
- Events of the Last Month
- Upcoming Events
First of all, Barb and I wish for each of you a wonderful, family-filled, and warm-memory-overflowing Christmas season. Although this time of year is so very, very commercialized, we’re working, as a family, to keep this Christmas family- and Christ-centered. We hope you’ll make time for family, friends, and your faith this month.
Long-time friends know how very much I’ve loved working and ministering at the Mission Medical Clinic in Colorado Springs where I’ve served as the Medical Director for the last three years. My heart and soul have been deeply rooted in this wonderful ministry to the poor. Unfortunately, MMC has had to let me go due to a reduction in donations over this last year.
Although I’m deeply saddened to have to look for other employment, I trust that the Lord is sovereign over this entire situation and will be confidently waiting upon His instructions for this next season in my life.
Nothing this month
Nothing new this month. I’m working on the final edits on my next two books:
- The Ultimate Girls‘ Body Book: Not-so-stupid questions about your body
- Grace Prescriptions: Becoming a spiritual influence in healthcare
3) Consider some of my signed books for holiday gifts
A number of my autographed books are on sale at my online bookstore. What better gift to give to a friend than a personalized and autographed book?
You can find those that are on sale here. Be sure to click on “books” to see them all.
Events of the last month
- Nov 7-9, I flew to West Palm Beach to give the Keynote Address at the Annual Fundraising Banquet for their Pregnancy Resource Center. It was a wonderful event and I was blessed to be there.
- Nov 9, I flew back to Colorado Springs and attend the Board meeting of Life Network. I just love this ministry.
- Nov 10-18, Barb and I flew to Tampa, visited with old friends, and then boarded a cruise ship (Norwegian Dawn), where I taught at a CME event across the western Caribbean for a group called the University at Sea. I taught on natural medicines for a number of chronic conditions as part of an update for internal medicine physicians. While on the cruise, Barb and I celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary as we enjoyed brief visits to Honduras, Belize, and two ports in Mexico.
- Nov 20-25, we celebrated Thanksgiving with Barb’s mom and family in Baton Rouge. We had a very satisfying time with friends and family.
- Dec 6-12, Barb and I will return to Baton Rouge to celebrate a family reunion with Barb’s mom and her side of the family.
- The rest of the month we’ll be home to enjoy each other and the expectancy of a family- and warm-memory-filled Christmas season.
You can get more information on many of my upcoming events here.