Here are the contents of this month’s Family Newsletter:
- Family Update
- Broadcast Update
- Publication Updates
- 1) Lintball Leo, the little book that can
- 2) I hope you’ll let your friends know about my new on-line devotional
- 3) Consider some of my signed books for holiday gifts
- Events of the Last Month
- Upcoming Events
We told you last month that Kate was engaged. She, and Charles Ritz, II, have set their wedding date for Sunday, June 9, 2013, in Palmer Lake, Colorado. They’ve very wisely begun a number of strategies to “divorce proof” their wedding. In fact, I suggested these in my book, The Honeymoon of a Lifetime.
I use the acrostic, CEMENT, for “how to cement your marriage before it starts”:
C = premarital counseling
E = premarital evaluation
M = premarital marriage mentoring
E = premarital education
N = premarital financial (numbers) counseling
T = premarital talking – learning how to talk to each other, how to resolved conflict with each other, and how to talk to God (pray and study the Bible) with each other.
We’re proud of Charles and Kate for taking these wise steps before marriage.
Nothing this month.
1) Lintball Leo, the little book that can
ZonderKidz just released the 16th printing of Lintball Leo’s Not-So-Stupid Questions about Your Body. I’m blessed that this book keeps on helping so many dads and their sons.
2) I hope you’ll let your family and friends know about my new on-line devotional
I’ve begun a free on-line devotional. It’s called Morning Glory, Evening Grace, which is released twice a day—once in the morning and again in the evening. You can learn more about the devotional here and you can sign up to receive a twice-a-day email notice of each devotional.
3) Consider some of my signed books for holiday gifts
A number of my autographed books are on sale at my online bookstore. What better gift to give to a friend than a personalized and autographed book? You can find those that are on sale here. Be sure to click on “books” to see them all.
Events of the last month
- Oct 3-7, we were in Chicago where I attended the AMA RUC meetings and Barb exercised her spiritual gift of shopping. We love downtown Chicago, especially in the fall and enjoyed some quality time together.
- Oct 9-12, I was pleased to serve as a visiting professor at the In His Image Family Medicine Residency in Tulsa, OK. I visit the residency four times a year, and never fail to be blessed by the residents, faculty, and staff.
- Oct 16-18, I flew to Philadelphia, PA. I had been asked by my friend, Jeff Cain, MD, to offer the invocation at his installation as the President of the American Academy of Family Physicians. I was deeply honored to do so.
- Oct 17-24, Barb was in Baton Rouge visiting with and serving her mom.
- Oct 19, I flew to Salt Lake City and gave the Keynote Address at the Annual Fundraising Banquet for the Pregnancy Resource Center of Salt Lake.
- Oct 20-21, After breakfast with friends, I drove to Ogden and that evening gave the Keynote Address at the Annual Fundraising Banquet for the Pregnancy Resource Center of Ogden. I flew home Sunday.
- Oct 25, I taught a webinar for homeschooling parents, which was a great deal of fun (and, I hope, fruitful for those listening).
- Oct 27, I spoke at the Annual Fundraising Banquet for the Life Network of Colorado Springs.
- Nov 7-9, I’ll fly to West Palm Beach to give the Keynote Address at the Annual Fundraising Banquet for their Pregnancy Resource Center.
- Nov 9, I’ll fly back to Colorado Springs and attend the Board meeting of Life Network.
- Nov 10-18, Barb and I will fly to Tampa, visit with old friends, and then board a cruise ship, where I’ll be teaching on a CME Cruise to the western Caribbean for the University at Sea. I’ll be teaching on Natural Medicines for a number of chronic conditions as part of an update for internal medicine physicians. While on the cruise, we’ll celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary as we visit Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel, Mexico.
- Nov 20-25, we’ll celebrate Thanksgiving with Barb’s mom and family in Baton Rouge.
You can get more information on many of my upcoming events here.