Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- World War II Book Update
- Health Book Update
- Last Month’s Events
- Upcoming Events
1) World War II Book Update
The book has been out to be considered by several publishers and one publisher has indicated an interest, if I shorten the manuscript. So, Barb and I are working to shorten it and get it back to Greg Johnson, my agent, by July 1. It’s painful to cut what I consider some pretty cool content, but it’s necessary. Prayers will be appreciated.
2) Health Book Update
My good friend, Phil Bishop, EdD, and I have signed a contract with Harvest House Publishers to write a book, tentatively titled, “60 Ways to be Healthy & Fit After 50.” The manuscript is not due until January 24, 2019, but we hope to have it in with them by October or November. It’s scheduled for publication in late 2019 or early 2020. Prayers will be appreciated.
3) Last Month’s Events
May 5: I ended a monthly men’s breakfast at Academy Christian Churchwhere I’ve been teaching through my book Workplace Grace: Becoming a Spiritual Influence at Work. It was such a blessing to have 60-80 men for each session.
4) Upcoming Events
- Jun 7-9: I’ll be at the In His Image Family Medicine Residencyco-teaching a Grace Prescriptions: Incorporating Spiritual Care into Your Practiceseminar with my dear friend Bill Peel, DMin.
- Jun 8: The Marriage Mentoring Ministry Barb and I have the privilege of directing at Academy Christian Churchis having its first “Crazy Good Marriage Date Night.” Our precious friends, Jody and Linda Dillow, will be speaking about their new best-selling book, “Intimacy Ignited: Discover the Fun and Freedom of God-Centered Sex.” The pre-registration is brisk and we’re looking forward to a successful event.
- Jun 10-17: Barb and I will be volunteering at Young Life’s Crooked Creek Ranchnear Winter Park, CO.
- Jun 20-23: Barb and I will be in Oklahoma where we’ll attend the In His Image Family Medicine Residencyannual summer scientific assembly and the graduation and commissioning of the third year residents.
- Jul 2-4: Barb and I will be spending our July 4 holiday with the Decatur Larimores.
- Jul 5-7: Then we’ll fly to Boston where I’ll speak at the PCNAK Conference. I’ll be giving a keynote address to the over 5,000 predicted attendees and leading a special session for several hundred medical professionals on “Spiritual Interventions in Clinical Practice.”
- Jul 12-15: Barb and I will be at the CRU Global Vision Briefingat Beaver Creek, CO.
5) Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.