Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- Efficient Patient Care and Sensitive Spiritual Care: Can Doctors Do Both?
- Last Month’s Events
- Upcoming Events
1) Efficient Patient Care and Sensitive Spiritual Care: Can Doctors Do Both?
- I was so honored to have written the featured article in this quarter’s Christian Medical and Dental Association’s journal, Today’s Christian Doctor. The article is titled “Efficient Care and Spiritual Care: Can You Do Both?”
- These days doctors are increasingly being pushed to be “more productive” and “more efficient,” while wrestling with increasing administrative burdens and cumbersome electronic medical records. How in the world can they also minister to their patient’s spiritually? In this article, I attempt to help them see how they can do this as part of a spiritual care team. They do not have to do it by themselves!
3) Last Month’s Events
- Aug 30-Sep 9: We were in Atlanta, GA, to visit the Decatur Larimores and our two granddaughters. We had a great time!
- Sep 7-10: Barb and I attended the Summit Partners Conference at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. We were blessed to be able to meet with like-minded supporters of Summit Ministry from around the country.
- Sep 17-23: Barb and I spent a glorious week together at the Rocky Mountain National Park. For me, it was some time for concentrated writing. I had hoped to finish up the second draft of Dad’s book, but still have a week or two more work to do on it. We also had some much needed “us” time, took some beautiful hikes, saw elk, fox, deer, and moose galore, and enjoyed some true relaxation.
- Sep 24-26: I traveled to Fort Wayne, ID, to visit a terrific ministry, the Christian Community Health Care Clinic, which is a mission outreach to northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio that provides free health services to families in need. I spoke at their annual charity event, “A Heart for Our Community,” on Monday, September 25, at the Parkview Mirro Center for Research & Innovation in Fort Wayne. Thanks for your prayers. The event went really well.
4) Upcoming Events
- Oct 3-8: Barb and I will be in Chicago where I’ll be attending an AMA RUC We always love our time in Chicago.
- Oct 12-14: I’ll be in Tulsa, OK, where I’ll be teaching a Grace Prescriptions conference, along with my good friend, Bill Peel, at the In His Image Family Medicine Residency. It will be our first GRx Conference with an in-hospital practicum for the attendees. Prayers appreciated.
- Oct 15-17: I’ll stay in Tulsa to do spiritual rounds with the residents, their attendings, and patients.
- Oct 26: Barb and I will attend the annual Life Network Gala and Silent Auction in Colorado Springs. We hope those of you in the Springs can join us for this great event supporting a fabulous cause.
5) Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.