Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- Dad’s Book
- Today’s Christian Living “Ask Dr. Walt” column
- Last Month’s Events
- Upcoming Events
1) Dad’s Book
It was a quiet month. No speaking. No traveling. Just a chance for me to work on the second draft of the book about my father and his World War II exploits. I hope to complete it in the next two months. Then my agent, Greg Johnson, Founder and President of WordServe Literary will look it over and decide whether to shop it as an entire manuscript or just to shop the proposal with several sample chapters. It has been a long ten-year labor of love for me. I’m praying that it will make it into print.
2) Today’s Christian Living “Ask Dr. Walt” column
I enjoy being able to answer questions from the readers of Today’s Christian Living magazine in my “Ask Dr. Walt” column. Here are the Q&A’s from the September 2017 issue. I hope you’ll consider getting a subscription:
- Calcium and Magnesium
- Preserving Fish Oil
- Don’t Forget to Take Care of Your Memory
- A Bone to Pick with Bone Broth Protein
- Sick of Morning Sickness
- Too Much Vitamin C?
3) Last Month’s Events
- Aug 4-9: Barb and I will be at Young Life’s Crooked Creek Ranch in the heart of the Rocky Mountains where I served as the camp doctor. We were blessed to be there and to serve. And we were overjoyed that nearly one-hundred middle schoolers made the decision to become followers of Jesus (out of about 600 that attended).
- Aug 30-31: We’ll be in Atlanta, GA, visiting the Decatur Larimores and our two granddaughters. We sure are looking forward to that!
4) Upcoming Events
- Aug 30-Sep 9: We’ll be in Atlanta, GA, visiting the Decatur Larimores and our two granddaughters. We sure are looking forward to that!
- Sep 7-10: Barb and I will be attending the Summit Partners Conference at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. We look forward to meeting with like-minded supporters of Summit Ministry from around the country.
- Sep 17-23: Barb and I will spend a week at the Rocky Mountain National Park. For me it will be some time for concentrated writing, hoping to finish up the second draft on Dad’s book (see above). We also look forward to some “us” time, some hiking, and some true relaxation.
- Sep 24-26: I’ll be traveling to Fort Wayne, ID, to visit a terrific ministry, the Christian Community Health Care Clinic, which is a mission outreach to northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio that provides free health services to families in need. I’ll be speaking at their annual charity event, “A Heart for Our Community,” on Monday, September 25, at the Parkview Mirro Center for Research & Innovation in Fort Wayne. I’d appreciate your prayers for me that weekend.
5) Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.