Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- Unexpected Employment Changes
- Last Month’s Events
- Upcoming Events
1) Unexpected Employment Changes (No April Fool’s Joke!)
Well, with a grand total of 4 days notice, my 3-day-a-week occupational medicine job with Concentra in Colorado Springs was changed to 2 days a month. Shazam! How’s that for “thanks for five years of faithful service?” Anyway, I know that the sudden change was no surprise to the Lord and Barb and I are expectantly waiting to see what He has next for us.
In the meantime, I’m taking this surprise as an opportunity to throw myself into trying to complete the first draft of my WW2 book over the next month or so. Then I will begin both the very hard work or editing as well as working with my agent to try to sell the book to a major publisher. Prayers appreciated.
2) Last Month’s Events
- Mar 7: I hit the big 65, joining Barb who had celebrated this milestone on January 6. We had a small dinner party with close friends and family. We both now have our Medicare cards and have seen our family physician for our “Welcome to Medicare” office visit. Now we look forward to enjoying those “Senior Discounts” so many places offer!
- Mar 20-30: Barb and I just returned from a marvelous 10-day trip to Paris, France, courtesy of United and Capital One miles! Although I was able to spend one day at the French Military Museum doing some research on my WW2 book, this was predominately be a lot of R&R for us. We’ve not been back to Paris since a wonderful visit there just after medical school. The sights were amazing. The art work and architecture, the museums and churches, the food and walks we took, the outdoor cafes and gelatto shops, the clothing stores, and on and on, oh-la-la, were all delightful, astonishing, and incredible. Barb’s cousin Jenny had turned us on to a two-story apartment right on the Seine River, just a short walk to Notre Dame and a metro stop. My, oh my, we had a wonderful time. As much as Barb does not like to travel, she’s already talking about a return trip in the future.
3) Upcoming Events
- Apr 3: I’ll be giving a lecture on “The Spiritual Assessment in Clinical Care” at the Rocky Vista School of Osteopathic Medicine in Denver. They are kind to invite me to give this lecture yearly.
- Apr 17-19: I’ll be attending a Worker’s Compensation Conference at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, CO. Somebody’s gotta do it!
- Apr 21-22: Barb and I will be co-teaching a Marriage Conference based upon our best-selling book, His Brain, Her Brain: How divinely designed differences can strengthen your marriage, at our new church, Academy Christian Church, in Colorado Springs. For those of you in the area who might be interested in attending, you can find the details here.
- Apr 25-30: Barb and I will be in Chicago where I’ll be attending an AMA RUC
- May 4-5: I’ll be speaking at the Annual Conference of the Christian Medical and Dental Associations at the Ridgecrest Conference Center near Asheville, NC.
- May 6-7: I’ll be in Denver attending a Medical/Legal Seminar. This seminar may actual have the potential for resulting in employment opportunities as a consultant. We’ll see.
- May 13: Son-in-Love, Charles Ritz, will graduate from Pikes Peak Junior College with two degrees. We’re awfully proud of him.
- May 27-June 3: Family Vacation to Navarre Beach, FL. We can’t let a year go by without having our family beach time. Sure looking forward to it.
4) Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.