Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- Grace Prescriptions
- Ask Dr. Walt
- Last Month’s Events
- Upcoming Events
1) Grace Prescriptions
One of my most enjoyable blessings is co-teaching Grace Prescriptions conferences for the Christian Medical and Dental Associations to health professionals around the country with my friend Bill Peel, DMin. After our conference in Charleston (for which many of you were praying for me), attendees were asked, “How will this course change your practice/life?” Here are some of the answers that served as both a blessing and encouragement to me:
- This has given me concrete ways to incorporate my faith into my practice as well as the evidence to support my doing such
- Numerous additional resources and ways of being more equipped to meet patients spiritual needs
- Tools and helps to use as I connect with people – to be intentional with faith concerns
- Have the tools/ideas to use when God presents opportunities
- Encourage more spiritual interaction with patients
- Be more attentive to “His moments/opportunities” to share Faith Flags/Faith stories
- I found it very “freeing” to know that evangelism is a process and I don’t have to try to “squeeze out” fruit when there is none on the tree. I am a spouse of a medical professional and look forward to praying with my husband more in relation to his patients and how God wants to use him and us for His glory.
- Will use many of the ideas to improve my spiritual care of patients and be more sensitive to patients
2) Ask Dr. Walt
I enjoy writing the “Ask Dr. Walt” column for the Today’s Christian Living magazine every other month. The December/January edition has been published. Click below if you’re interested in any of these topics:
- Should Pain Sufferers Pin Hopes on Acupuncture? Does acupuncture work? Is it linked to the occult?
- A Dose of Danger. I take a daily baby aspirin and an occasional NSAID for discomfort. I was wondering if there are any supplements that could interact with either.
- Can Vitamin C Help You See? Doesn’t vitamin C help prevent cataracts?
3) Last Month’s Events
- Jan 7-9, Barb and I had a few days of warm R&R on a beach near Bonita Springs, FL. We also were blessed to catch up with some old friends in the area.
- Jan 10-15, I attended an AMA RUC meeting in Bonita Springs.
- Jan 19-22, Barb and I flew to San Antonio to visit with old friends and then Bill Peel and I will taught another Grace Prescriptions Conference for over 100 health professionals at the renovated Pearl Brewery Stable.
4) Upcoming Events
- Feb 7-12, Barb and I will be in New Orleans where we’ll visit family and I’ll attend an AMA CPT meeting. I’ll also be doing more research on my World War 2 book at the National World War 2 Museum.
- Feb 12-16, we’ll fly to Atlanta to visit the Decatur Larimores. I’ll also be making a trip to Fort Benning, GA, and the National Infantry Museum, to continue the research on my book about my dad’s World War 2 exploits. I’m delighted that my son, Scott, will join me for this part of the trip.
- Feb 21, I’ll be attending a Life Network Board Meeting.
4) Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.