I hope you and yours had a warm-memory-creating, family filled holiday season and have a Blessed New Year. Here are the contents of this month’s newsletter:
- Evan’s Miracle
- Upcoming Events
1) Evan’s Miracle
I recently posted a three-part story about a patient named “Evan,” my first HIV patient from a Christmas almost 25 years ago. Here are the links in case you missed them:
Anyway, my dear friend, John McVay, MDiv, who is the Chief Operations Officer for the In His Image Family Medicine Residency in Tulsa, sent it a note to prospectie residents with this note: “As December 25 approaches, I want to share with you and others a favorite story from Christmas past. This was written by Dr. Walt Larimore who teaches at IHI for a week a few times each year as a visiting faculty member.”
He sent me a couple of the notes he received, which were a blessing to me:
- Thank you for forwarding you email with Dr. Larmore’s story about Evan. I am grateful that a place like In His Image exists, so that Christian doctors can encourage one another to follow the Lord’s leading with patients just as Dr. Larimore did with Evan.
- Thank you so much for sharing this. It was incredibly touching.
2) Upcoming Events
- Jan 7-9, Barb and I will have a few days of warm R&R on a beach near Bonita Springs, FL. We also hope to catch up with some old friends in the area.
- Jan 10-15, I’ll be attending an AMA RUC meeting in Bonita Springs.
- Jan 19-22, Barb and I will fly to San Antonio to visit with old friends and then Bill Peel and I will be teaching a Grace Prescriptions Conference for 80-100 health professionals.
3) Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here.