It’s been said your body speaks to you, but when it comes to men and their heart, many aren’t listening. Research shows for most men suffering sudden cardiac arrest, the condition wasn’t sudden at all. The men just ignored the early warning signs.
Sudden cardiac arrest stops the heart, and survival rates are slim. But the latest findings reveal plenty of red flags show up for many victims—up to four weeks ahead of time. These include shortness of breath, dizziness, and chest pain. And the majority of men studied had coronary artery disease but hadn’t been tested.
The solution is simple. Learn the signs of a stressed heart, and take any unusual symptoms seriously. This means get help. When it comes to what your body is saying, don’t turn a deaf ear to your heart.
Here are some more of my blogs on this topic:
- Overworking the Heart
- Shift workers face increased risk of heart attack, stroke
- Sugary drinks linked to increased heart attack risk
- Diet soda tied to heart attack, stroke risks
- Smoke-free workplace laws linked to lower heart attack rates
- Optimism cuts your risk for heart attack
- Can Calcium Supplements Cause Heart Attacks?
- Lack of vitamin D increases heart risk
© Copyright WLL, INC. 2013.