A listener writes, “What can I do about my memory? I’m still young but so forgetful.” Well, unless you’re in your golden years, you’re most likely suffering from the regular memory lapses we all have. And some of us are just more forgetful than others.
However, there are countless studies on mental exercises, activities, and even additions to your diet that are can keep memories sharper longer. Too many, in fact, to get into here.
But I will highlight recent research, which shows a healthy diet and lifestyle, including regular exercise, is linked to improved memory. Even better, positive results were seen in all age groups.
Protecting your memory is worth the effort, no matter your age. So, if you’re younger, but want to boost your memory, this study is something you don’t want to forget about.
Here are some more of my blogs on this topic:
- Moderate exercise delays age-related memory decline
- Simple exercises improve cognition in older patients
- Study: Caffeine may play role in enhancing memory
- The higher your blood sugar, the worse your memory
- Fish oil supplements boost memory in healthy young adults
- Saturated fats linked to worse brain function, memory
- Weight training helps improve memory
- Overeating doubles risk of memory loss in seniors
© Copyright WLL, INC. 2013.