Here are the contents of this month’s Family Newsletter:
- The Ultimate Girls’ Body Book is out.
- “Communicating Through Your Differences” magazine article
- When Children Die Because They’re Overweight
- Events of the last month
- Upcoming Events
1) The Ultimate Girls’ Body Book is out!
It’s finally been released, after a couple of years of very hard work. The Ultimate Girls’ Body Book: Not-so-silly questions about your body, was released on Friday, January 24th. If you know a young lady heading toward or through puberty, I hope you’ll consider getting a copy for her and her family! Signed copies will be available here after the book’s release. But you can also pre-order copies at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or CBD.
2) “Communicating Through Your Differences” magazine article
Many of you know I write a column (Ask Dr. Walt) for Significant Living Magazine. Their March edition is all about marriage, and my article is entitled, “Communicating Through Your Differences.” You can read it here. I hope you enjoy it.
3) When Children Die Because They’re Overweight
An article of mine, “When Children Die Because They’re Overweight,” was published by Charisma Magazine this last month. You can find the article here.
Events of the last month
- Jan 10-11, Barb and I taught a “His Brain, Her Brain: How divinely designed differences can strengthen your marriage” conference at the Glen Eyrie Conference Center in Colorado Springs. At least two couples testified that the weekend gave them hope that they can save their marriages. We were delighted.
- Jan 17-18, Barb and I taught a “His Brain, Her Brain: How divinely designed differences can strengthen your personal and professional relationships” conference at the winter retreat of the In His Image Family Medicine Residency in Tulsa, OK. Again, great feedback from many of those who attended.
- Jan 22-24, 27, Barb and I visited Scott, Jennifer, and the girls in Decatur, GA. We had a wonderful time with the kids and grans.
- Jan 25-26, I taught the final “beta” of the Grace Prescriptions conference in Augusta, GA, with my dear friend William Carr Peel. The feedback from the attendees was fabulous and we both feel much more confident about videotaping the conference in a couple of weeks.
- Jan 29-Feb 2, Barb and I will be in Phoenix where I’ll attended an AMA RUC meeting. While it will be icy, snowing, and below zero at home, we’re looking forward to sunny days in the 70’s.
- Feb 6-9, Bill Peel and I are back together to teach and videotape another Grace Prescriptions conference. This time at Asbury University near Lexington, KY.
- Feb 18-27, Barb and I will have the joy of spending vacation time with both of our children, their spouses, and our two granddaughters at Disney World. We’ll also be taking some time to meet with dear old friends in Kissimmee, where we lived for 16 years.
Past Issues of our family newsletter
You can get more information on many of our upcoming events here