Ever have one of those days where you ran around and were really busy, but didn’t see any results from your effort? A lot of us are feeling the same way about working out.
Americans’ activity levels are up in seventy-five percent of the nation. But all of this activity isn’t leading to results in the mirror or on the scale. Obesity rates are also climbing. How can this happen?
Well, it’s the choices we exercise after we exercise.
The easiest way to sabotage heroic efforts in the gym is to fill the rest of the day eating a diet high in sugar and saturated fat. Without consistent effort in exercise and eating, you’ll feel the same way you do on those busy days filled with empty results.
The phrase “Just do it,” needs a teammate — “Don’t eat it.”
Here are some of my other blogs on the topic:
- Need to exercise more? This may help you now!
- Exercise and Sleep
- Exercise Less
- Exercise and Blood Pressure
- Exercise boosts kids’ academic ability
- Exercise helps adults sleep better
- Are we doctors falling down on our duty? Just one in three people advised by physician to exercise
© Copyright WLL, INC. 2013.