Most respondents used multiple supplements. Respondents gave ratings for 1,551 brands and 906 merchants that they used. Eighty-eight brands and 36 merchants each received at least one hundred consumer ratings.
Among these popular brands and merchants, those receiving the highest rating on overall consumer satisfaction within their specific market segment are listed below.
Top-rated Supplement Brands on Consumer Satisfaction:
- Catalogue/Internet Brand: Swanson
- Direct Selling (MLM) Brand: Nutrilite
- Discount/Warehouse Brand: Kirkland (Costco)
- Grocery Store Brand: Trader Darwin (Trader Joe’s)
- Healthcare Practitioner Brand: Pure Encapsulations
- Health Food Store Brand: Nutricology
- Mass Market Multi-Category Brand: Biotivia
- Mass Market Single-Category Brand: Citracal
- Pharmacy Brand: CVS
- Vitamin Store Brand: Vitamin World
- Canadian Brand: Webber Naturals
Top-rated Brands on Consumer Satisfaction for Specific Types of Supplements:
- Calcium: Puritan’s Pride
- CoQ10: Life Extension
- Fish Oil: Life Extension
- Glucosamine & Chondroitin: Puritan’s Pride
- Multivitamin: Life Extension
- Probiotic: Puritan’s Pride
Top-rated Supplement Merchants on Consumer Satisfaction:
- Catalogue/Internet: Life Extension
- Direct Sales (MLM): Nutrilite
- Grocery Store: Trader Joe’s
- Mass Market: Target
- Online Multi-Category Retailer: Amazon.com
- Online Supplement Retailer: iHerb.com
- Pharmacy: Walgreens
- Vitamin Store: Vitamin Shoppe
- Warehouse Store: Costco
The comprehensive, 129-page ConsumerLab.com 2012 Survey of Vitamin and Supplement Users Report analyzes and compares consumers’ satisfaction with popular brands of supplements and supplement merchants. The report also examines the use of 31 specific types of supplements and nutritional products.
Results are analyzed by respondent age, gender, and level of supplement use. The report is available for purchase. Custom analyses are also available. For more information or to purchase the report, go to http://www.consumerlab.com/reports/CLSurveyBrochure2012.pdf.