Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/45/d115947541/htdocs/blog/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 538
Here is the Table of Contents for the December edition of our Family Newsletter:
- Family Update
- Great Christmas Gift Ideas
- Personalized and Autographed Books Available
- Several Books on Clearance Sale for $4.99 (plus shipping)
- TSI: The Gabon Virus – Copies Autographed by Both Authors available
- Publication Update
- Lintball Leo: The book that thought it could.
- Dr. Walt interviewed for Examiner Article on STDs in Teens
- Broadcast Update
- Dr. Walt and Barb’s Focus on the Family Interview in the “Best of 2009”
- Events of the last month
- Upcoming Events
Barb, Kate, and I were able to spend my favorite holiday of the year, Thanksgiving, with son Scott, his wife, Jennifer, and their girls.
Sarah Elisabeth, who was born premature at 35 weeks is doing incredibly well. And her older sister, Anna Kate, is growing like a weed. Our time with her was a joy for us. We were blessed to be together as a family and have much for which to be thankful.
I’m continuing to pour most of my free time into my first solo novel, tentatively titled, Hazel Creek. It’s a story about 5 sisters who are orphaned in the Smoky Mountain wilderness of western North Carolina in the 1920s. Barb and Kate are helping with writing ideas and edits. I hope to have the manuscript completed by January 15th. However, it’s not likely to see the book shops until early next 2011.
In the meantime, I’m editing two books that will be out in 2010.
- Workplace Grace: Becoming a spiritual influence at work is scheduled to be released by Zondervan in April 2010, and
- My second novel, coauthored with Paul McCusker, Time Scene Investigators: The Influenza Bomb is scheduled to be released by Howard Books and Simon & Schuster in June 2010. I think the cover is kinda cool:
We hope all is well with you and yours—and that your Christmas season will be blessed.
Great Christmas Gift Ideas
Personalized and Autographed Books Available
It’s a unique idea to give a family member, dear friend, or work colleague a book that is personalized to them and autographed by the author.
All of my books are available to you to be personalized and autographed. You can see the available books here. You can also read a sample chapter of most of the books at this website. Be sure to order early!
Several Books on Clearance Sale for $4.99 (plus shipping)
We have several of my books on clearance—however, the supply of each is limited. So, these sales books are first come first served only.
- Super Sized Kids: How to protect your child from the obesity threat – Hardcover – Autographed by Dr. Walt
- Lintball Leo’s Not-So-Stupid Questions About Your Body – Softcover – Autographed
- Going Public with Your Faith: Becoming a spiritual influence at work – Softcover – Autographed by Dr. Walt
- God’s Design for the Highly Healthy Teen – Softcover – Autographed
- Why ADHD Doesn’t Mean Disaster – Hardcover – Autographed by Dr. Walt
To special order these clearance books, DO NOT do so at the website. Instead, send an email to BarbLarimore@aol.com telling us:
- How many of each book you want,
- Where you want them shipped (there’s a shipping fee for each address), and
- How you want each book personalized.
Be sure to mention in the email that you saw the special offer in this newsletter.
TSI: The Gabon Virus – Copies Autographed by Both Authors available
I now have available for you copies of my first novel, autographed by both myself and my coauthor, Paul McCusker. These will make great holiday gifts, but the supply is limited. You can order copies here.
Lintball Leo: The book that thought it could
Lintball Leo’s Not-So-Stupid Questions About Your Body (a book for parents to read to their 8-12 year old boys) just keeps chugging along. ZonderKidz has notified us that the book is going into it’s 12th printing. I’m very pleased.
By the way, the book is on special this month. See the note above about our clearance sale.
Dr. Walt interviewed for Examiner Article on STDs in Teens
I was interviewed for an article, Report: Teen girls and minorities at highest risk for the two most common STDs, for The Examiner in an article published on November 18, 2009. You can read the article here.
Dr. Walt and Barb’s Focus on the Family Interview in the “Best of 2009”
As we announced last month, Dr. James Dobson’s interview with Barb and me on our book, “His Brain, Her Brain: How divinely designed differences can strengthen your marriage,” will be reaired on the Focus on the Family daily national radio program on December 16.
The program has been chosen for Focus on the Family’s “Best of 2009” series. We could not be more delighted and hope you will check it out.