In a recent blog I encouraged you to talk to your Congressmen during the August break about your feelings about what they are trying to do with your healthcare. Now, the Democrats are coming after YOU with all guns blazing. You won’t believe this!
Here are some comments by my friend, Gary Bauer. He hits the nail on the head!
Average American taxpayers – the folks who pay their bills, work hard, love their country, think it’s wrong to pile debt onto our kids, don’t want European socialism and believe congressmen should read legislation before they vote on it – are not happy.
All over the country normal citizens are exercising their God-given rights of assembly, free speech and dissent. Congressmen are beginning to get “weak knees” about blindly voting for Obama’s radical agenda.
So what is the response of Big Media, the Democrat National Committee, elected liberals in Congress, and the Chicago political machine in the White House?
You guessed it.
They are losing the argument so now they are going on the attack to demonize Middle America. Here is a sample of the smears we have collected in the past 24 hours:
- Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX) referred to his constituents as “a mob,” saying, “This mob … did not come just to be heard, but to deny others the right to be heard.”
- From the Democrat National Committee: “Republicans and their allied groups — desperate after losing two consecutive elections and every major policy fight on Capitol Hill — are inciting angry mobs of a small number of rabid right wing extremists funded by K Street Lobbyists to disrupt thoughtful discussions about the future of health care in America taking place in Congressional Districts across the country.”
- Rep. Gerald Connolly (D-VA): “When you look at the fervor of some of these people who are all being whipped up by the right-wing talking heads on Fox, to me, you’re crossing a line.”
- White House Spokesman Robert Gibbs: “I hope people will take a jaundiced eye to what is clearly the Astroturf nature of grass-roots lobbying. This is manufactured anger.”
- CNN commentator and Democrat strategist Donna Brazile: “They’re renting organizers. The left has done it. Now they’re doing it. This little small band of protesters are trying to stop members [of Congress] from doing their jobs.”
The same leftists who for years applauded when demonstrators took over the streets to protest the Iraq war, amnesty for illegal aliens or who attacked churches that supported marriage remaining between a man and woman, suddenly see a few hundred retirees, small businessmen, homemakers, farmers, sales clerks and just plain folks as evidence of “rightwing extremism.”
Give me a break!
Here’s what Obama’s minions and some in Big Media are hoping: They believe that name calling can intimidate you into silence.
Don’t cave! As an American, you have a right to express your views to the politicians who WORK FOR YOU, even if Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid don’t like it.
The fact is, you are in the majority now – not the leftists trying to push European socialism on you. The American people do not want government-run healthcare, as a new poll out today from Quinnipiac University shows. The poll found that “52 percent of American voters disapprove of the way Obama is handling the health-care issue and 39 percent approve.”
Here’s more from the poll: By a whopping 72%-to-21% margin, voters don’t believe President Obama when he says his plan will be paid for or is “deficit neutral.” And by a 20-point margin, 57%-to-37%, voters say healthcare reform should be abandoned if it adds to the deficit.
The folks who are showing up at these town hall meetings represent the 72% and 57% of Americans referred to in this poll. Obama and the Democrats are speaking for the 21% and 37% when they attack their fellow citizens.
By the way, the Washington, D.C., newspaper The Hill reported last weekend that labor unions and leftwing organizations “will spend between $10 million and $20 million this month to twist lawmakers’ arms over the stalled healthcare reform effort in Congress,” and the Employee Free Choice Act.
So, ACORN, Big Labor and other leftwing groups can organize and protest in support of Obama’s leftwing agenda, but how dare anyone speak up against it! And I find it particularly ironic that Obama and his minions are so vehemently objecting to the protests. After all, aren’t these folks just being good community organizers
Sadly, the Left’s rhetoric is just another disturbing example of its intolerant impulse to demonize and slander political opponents. But the Left doesn’t play fair; it plays by Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals.” It plays to win.
My fear, given the stakes and emotions on both sides, is that the union thugs, ACORN activists, and leftwing anarchists (who ransacked the streets of Minneapolis and St. Paul during last year’s Republican National Convention) will turn violent and innocent people will get hurt.
If that happens, the Obama Administration and the Democrat Party will bear the responsibility for inciting their rage by demonizing free speech and Middle America.