Here are the contents of this month’s Family Newsletter:
- Book Sale
- Family Update
- Publication Update
- 1) Walt’s New On-Line Devotional
- Events of the last month
- Upcoming Events
A number of my books, all autographed, are on sale (up to 80% off retail) at my online bookstore. What better gift to give to a friend than a personalized and autographed book? You can find those that are on sale here. Be sure to click on “books” to see them all.
Barb and I are enjoying a few weeks of rest and relaxation between the travel season of the fall and that which will begin in a few weeks. We’ve enjoyed our time at home and had a wonderful, relaxing, restful, and worshipful Christmas. We hope this will be the standard for our future Christmases! On top of that, we had a white Christmas—with over a foot of snow on the ground! We wish for you and yours a blessed and prosperous New Year!
1) Walt’s New Devotional
I’ve begun a free on-line devotional. It’s called Morning Glory, Evening Grace and is released twice a day—once in the morning and again in the evening. You can learn more about the devotional here and you can sign up to receive a twice-a-day email notice of each devotional here. Be sure to click on “Email Notification” in the right-hand column to receive your notices.
Events of the last month
- Nov 30-Dec 3, Barb and I enjoyed the warm weather and beaches in Naples, FL, while I spoke at a nutrition conference sponsored by Whole Foods and Eat Right America.
- Dec 7-14, Barb and I were in Baton Rouge visiting with family and helping Barb’s mom care for Barb’s dad at her home. We also enjoyed a Christmas Family Reunion with Barb’s side of the family and our greatest treat was visiting with Scott and Jen and their girls who drove down from Atlanta for a long weekend.
- The rest of December we stayed home to rest, relax, and rejuvenate during the Christmas season.
- Jan 6, Barb and I will share a special dinner at the Broadmoor Hotel, provided by a friend, to celebrate her 60th birthday.
- Jan 11-18, Barb will be in Baton Rouge again to help her mom care for her dad.
- Jan 19, I’ll participate in an HCJB Global Board Meeting in Colorado Springs.
- Jan 20-22, Barb and I will attend the Annual Winter Retreat of the In His Image Family Medicine Residency Program in Tulsa, OK.
- Jan 23-24, I’ll fly to Washington, DC, for a quick meeting with an American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Task Force.
- Jan 25-26, Barb and I will be in Tucson, AZ, where I’ll attend an American Medical Association (AMA) RUC meeting.
- Jan 27, we’ll fly to Miami to overnight.
- Jan 28-Feb 4, we’ll be on a Caribbean cruise where I’ll be teaching a continuing medical education (CME) course for healthcare professionals on the use of natural medications (herbs, vitamins, and supplements) for various chronic medical conditions. We’re hoping this will be a ton of fun!
You can get more information on many of my upcoming events here.