For the last four months, we have all been blessed by family physician, Craig DeLisi, who has shared the journey of he and his family as they prepare for the birth and death of their 9th child, Anastasha Kalil. This week the DeLisi family will, more than ever, need our prayers.
We are near the end of Tonya’s pregnancy, very grateful that we have had as much time as we have been given. If Anastasha does not come on her own (and she might – Tonya has been contracting harder the last 2 days), then we will induce labor this coming Tuesday, Oct 26th. Not only will that date mark the longest Tonya has carried any of our other children in the womb, but it is also Tonya’s birthday. She has said from the beginning that she would be incredibly honored to share that day with her daughter if the Lord would allow.
We trust our great God and Father wholeheartedly as we move forward. We are honored that he called us to be Anastasha’s parents. We find rest in the fact that He is Good no matter what may come. If the Lord chooses for her to return to Him, then we will be celebrating God’s goodness with a memorial service next Saturday, Oct 30th at the First Baptist Church here in Pittsburg at 11 AM.
There is not much I haven’t said already. If you can believe it, I think I am out of words. But I do want to thank each of you who have journeyed with us, from both near and far. Please pray for us in the coming days, especially on Tuesday.
Tonya wanted me to leave you all with Mary’s words from the Gospel of Luke when she was told she was going to bear Jesus as her son. We echo her sentiment.
And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.” (Luke 1:46-47)
With all our love,
Craig and Tonya for the whole darn big crew.
Here’s the entire series of amazing stories:
- The Story of Anastasha – Part 1 (It will bless you!)
- The Amazing Story of Anastasha – Part 2
- The Amazing Story of Anastasha – Part 3
- The Amazing Story of Anastasha – Part 4
- The Amazing Story of Anastasha – Part 5
- The Amazing Story of Anastasha – Part 6
- The Amazing Story of Anastasha – Part 7
- The Amazing Story of Anastasha – Part 8
- The Amazing Story of Anastasha – Part 9
- The Blessing of Anastasha – Part 10 – Day of Life 200
- The Blessing of Anastasha – Part 11
- The Blessing of Anastasha – Part 12 – Day of Life 214
- The Blessing of Anastasha – Part 13 – Day of Life 221
- The Blessing of Anastasha – Part 14 – Day of Life 228
- The Blessing of Anastasha Kalil – Part 15 – Day of Life 235
- The Blessing of Anastasha Kalil – Part 16 – Day of Life 241
- The Blessing of Anastasha Kalil – Part 17 – Birth Day
- Anastasha is in Heaven – Part 18
- Anastasha’s Birth and Death – Video – Part 19
- Anastasha’s New Blog – Part 20
- Update on Anastasha – Part 21 – 1 month after birth and death
- Update On Anastasha’s Family – Part 22 – 3 months after birth and death